St Edmund Hall Houses
College of Oxford University, Queens Lane
St. Edmund Hall, the oldest continuing seat of education at the University of Oxford, is fortunate to have five special collections of books, and a general collection of antiquarian books.
Within the University it is better known by its nickname, "Teddy Hall". It has a claim to being "the oldest academical society for the education of undergraduates (A. B. Emden) in any University"
St Edmund Hall began life as one of Oxford's ancient Aularian houses, the mediaeval halls that laid the foundation of the University, preceding the creation of the first colleges. As the only surviving mediaeval hall, its members are known as "Aularians". St Edmund Hall took on the status of a college in 1957, though retaining the historical moniker of "Hall".
For enquiries about St Edmund Hall, please contact the attraction using the details below.
AddressCollege of Oxford University, Queens Lane, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 4AR
Opening timesOpen all year
Staying overnight at St Edmund Hall?
We've teamed up with Booking.com to provide the best room rates for hotels near the vicinity of St Edmund Hall.
Have you been to St Edmund Hall? Please rate this attraction to assist others.