Euston Hall Houses
Euston Hall has been home for the Dukes of Grafton for over 300 years and is at present lived in by the Eleventh Duke. The hall contains, among is treasures, the famous collection of paintings of the court of Charles II, and includes works by Van Dyck, Lely, and Stubbs.
The Temple (not open to the public) is an unusual octagonal folly designed by William Kent in 1746. It was his last work. It has a magnificent octagonal banqueting hall rising to a dome. From here the Third and Fourth Dukes would enjoy watching their racehorses being exercised in the Park.
The Church of St Genevieve stands on the site of the original medieval parish church (the base of the tower is all that remains now) and is a rare example of an unaltered seventeenth-century country church. It is one of only four country churches to be built during the reign of Charles II, as all efforts were centred on rebuilding the churches in the City of London that were burnt during the great fire in 1666.
The tea room is run by ladies from the neighbouring village of Fakenham Magna and all proceeds go to their church. All cakes are home-made by them!
AddressEuston Hall, Euston, Norfolk, IP24 2QP
Opening times17 Jun - 16 Sep, 2.30 - 5pm
Have you been to Euston Hall? Please rate this attraction to assist others.