Helping volunteers love you – your organisation and the role they play.The training encourages you to look closely at the motivations of volunteers and how organisations work with them. You will also examine contemporary approaches including co-production and the use of non-hierarchical teams.
• Why people get involved in volunteering and why understanding motivations is so important • Creating roles for volunteers • Recruitment & Publicity • How to share examples of what works well and why • Keeping people involved, happy and excited about the role they play • Volunteers and the Law • Concepts of co-production and working with volunteer partners in non-hierarchical structures
The day includes plenty of group work, exercises and discussion – you definitely won’t be staring at power point all day. You’ll also be given lots of opportunities to discuss your own experiences and develop personal strategies to aid your work.
As a participant you will come away with:
• Practical ideas for recruiting, inducting, engaging with and supporting volunteers better in your organisation or group – the beginnings of an action plan.
• Activities that you can use back in your organisation with volunteers or other staff or trustees as part of your volunteer management strategy
• Examples of tools to help you with volunteer management, and a signpost for where to go for more information
• A group of peers tackling similar issues for you to keep in touch with and share information and experiences with as you take your action plans forwards
• An action plan for improving or embarking on volunteer management
Who should attend this course?
Any organisation involved in voluntary work or volunteer-led group looking to engage others or support each other better. Whether you are conducting a borough-wide consultation, national volunteer programme, involving an intern or rejuvenating the membership of your local residents association, you will benefit from this day.
£489: Large Businesses £363: Large Charities, Public Sector and Small Businesses £242: Smaller Charities (under 15 staff) and self-funded individuals.
Prices include a fabulous hot buffet lunch, Fair Trade refreshments and networking time. Concessionary rates for the unwaged and discounts for students are available.
Bespoke Courses can be arranged for groups at a date and location to suit you. Make an enquiry here: email@example.com
For bookings and information please contact us on:
Tel: 0207 324 4775 br>Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
VenueSt. Luke's community centre
Address90 Central St, london, Greater London,
Explore localWhat's on in london
Local tourist information guide
Other eventsWhat's on at St. Luke's Community Centre
Main photo may be copyright © TalkAction.org
Thistle City Barbican
The Thistle City Barbican is less than 10 minutes walk from Old Street and Barbican Tube Stations. It offers rooms with satellite TVs and a leisure centre featuring a pool..
Clerkenwell Serviced Apartments
Located in London, this apartment features free WiFi. The apartment is 1.2 km from Hoxton Square.
City Apartments - Old
Located in London, City Apartments - Old Street offers stylish self-catering accommodation with free WiFi access. The property is a 10-minute walk from both Angel Tube Station and Old Street Railway Station..
London City Court Yard
Located less than a mile from the iconic St Pauls Cathedral, London City Court Yard Cottage offers free WiFi access for all guests..
Bed Penthouse Apartment In
Situated 1.1 km from Hoxton Square in London, this apartment features free WiFi. The unit is 1.
Your comments:comments powered by Disqus
Disclaimer: This event is not organised by BritEvents, and we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information provided, errors, or omissions. Always check the information provided before you book tickets.