Fleur De Lis Heritage Centre Museums
10-13 Preston Street
The Fleur de Lis Heritage Centre comprises three adjoining grade II listed buildings in Preston Street right in the centre of Faversham. The Heritage Centre (or the Fleur, as it is affectionately known), is owned and voluntarily run by the Faversham Society and offers many facilties:
The Museum, maintained to full professional standards, covers the town of Faversham and the surrounding rural area, comprising the eastern half of the mainland portion of the Borough of Swale. It collects and conserves material relevant to this area and its social, economic and religious history. It is specially interested in such local industries, past and/or present, as brewing, brickmaking, explosives manufacture, farming and shipbuilding.
The Fleur de Lis Gallery hosts temporary exhibitions , changed monthly, of themes from Faversham's history, often containing items from the Museum Collection which cannot normally be shown. There is no charge for admission.
Fleur de Lis Hall, reached via Gatefield Lane, dates from about 1880 and provides comfortable, warm and well-appointed accommodation for up to 80 people. It is available for meetings, seminars, and social events. Overhead and slide projectors are available. Hire fees are modest.
13 Preston Street (formerly the Fleur de Lis inn) is a 16th-century timber-framed building, with an early-19th-century rear extension, listed Grade II. Its curtilage stretches back to the Faversham Club in Gatefield Lane and includes an attractive small hall, built for social functions, and the former inn yard, now a private car park. .
Address10-13 Preston Street, Faversham, Kent, ME13 8NS
Opening times10am - 4pm (Sun 10am - 1pm)
Have you been to Fleur De Lis Heritage Centre? Please rate this attraction to assist others.