Royal Engineers Museum Museums
Prince Arthur Road
The Royal Engineers Museum of Military Engineering is one of the foremost Military Museums in the country.
Its exhibits demonstrate the Corps' diversity and pioneering spirit throughout history. The Museum is housed in the Ravelin Building which was designed by Major E C Moore RE and completed in 1904. The building's central courtyard has now been covered to enable many fine exhibits to be displayed all year round.
FIREPOWER is a dignified memorial to Gunners 'everywhere', displaying the medals, poignant personal artefacts, photographs and documents which tell the stories of the men and women who served the guns. Located in the historic Royal Arsenal, the site of ordnance manufacturing and proofing for over 300 years.
The Corps Library, an extensive archive began in 1813, complements the Museum. The collection includes books, manuals, manuscripts, maps, plans and photographs and war diaries. It is open by appointment from 9am to 5pm on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays.
Adults £5.00 (GBP)
Concessions £2.50 (GBP)
Guided tours - Contact for prices
Group discounts and family tickets available
AddressPrince Arthur Road, Gillingham, Kent, ME4 4UG
Have you been to Royal Engineers Museum? Please rate this attraction to assist others.